From: Jill Vickery (jvickery_at_uci.edu)
Date: Wed Sep 11 2002 - 13:53:44 CDT

Hi!
In a quest to get the best 3D picture possible I have tried to increase the
screen resolution I am using. My monitor is a Sony G520 and supports 1280
X1024 at 120Hz and 1600 X 1200 at 100Hz. However with the Eye3D premium
adapter at 1600 X 1200 the glasses flicker and are basically unusable.
Reducing the resolution to 1280x1024 (100hz) helps solve the problem but new
ones arise. I find that with the eye3D adapter in place the monitor seems
to jump around, reducing the refresh rate to 85Hz seems to eliminate the
problem but of course I can no longer do stereo. Seems that the only way I
can do stereo is at 800 X 600 100hz or 120hz, seems like a waste of a very
nice monitor. I am running Windows XP Pro and have the same problem with
the ATI Radeon 8500LE and nVidia Geforce4 MX 420 card. Has anyone else
experienced these problems? Would the Stereographics Crystal Eye or Nuvision
glasses allow better 3D?

Also I has anyone tried or seen the Stereographics SynthaGram Monitors?
They currently have a 20" and a 42" model (a 42" screen wow!) that do stereo
with no glasses. I would be interested in any feedback.

Thanks in advance,
Jill