From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Thu Sep 05 2002 - 14:02:38 CDT

Dear Tobias,
  I know what the problem is. In the old versions of VMD, the
sequence browser code used string color names and we later found out
that these string color names aren't available on all platforms, so
we ended up changing the code to prevent exactly this problem. As I
recall, HP-UX was the only platform that exhibited problems.
I've attached a new version of the zoomseq.tcl script that you can
copy into the VMD scripts area of your installation as:
  /usr/local/lib/vmd/scripts/vmd/zoomseq.tcl

Try that and let me know if you still have any problems.
Please find the new zoomseq script attached (gzipped).

Thanks,