From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Fri Aug 16 2002 - 11:32:42 CDT

Hi Pawel,

On Thu, Aug 15, 2002 at 11:00:42PM -0500, Pawel Kedzierski wrote:
[GLX errors when remote displaying to a Linux machine from the SGI...]
> It does work correctly in real CAVE. It also used to work with 1.7.1.

Yes, 1.7.1 used immediate mode line drawing, whereas VMD 1.8 now uses
vertex arrays for line drawing. I've seen some problems with remote display
as well, between SGI and some other platforms, including Linux as you've
seen. It works fine on other combinations of platforms however, so I assume
at this point that this is a bug in the GLX implementation on one of these
platforms.

> OK, I have tried to drive the CAVE display with 1.8a21 and it sort
> of works. Now I have another problem, as VMD does not respond to
> (some of) the manipulators. I hope this is only a configuration problem.
> If You have any suggestions, please share.

Did you add the Cave trackers via the tracker menu?
VMD talks to the tracker daemon via CAVElib, and doesn't talk to
it directly, so there's no need to list serial ports, VMD has no
use for them for the CAVE trackers. Let me know if you need more
help with this.

Thanks,