From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Mon Jul 29 2002 - 13:42:58 CDT

Dear Cesar,
  In order to compile the pre-release versions of VMD from source, you'll
also need to get the plugin source code. This is new and is not required
for the previous VMD versions. I can provide you with plugin source code,
but perhaps the best way would be for you to use the CVS tree to build from.
I intend to integrate the plugin source tree in to future source distributions,
but did not have time to complete this due to other deadlines and
committments we had to meet. Hopefully I'll get that done in the next
month along with many other build and distribution improvements.