From: Will Sheffler (whs_at_brown.edu)
Date: Thu Jul 25 2002 - 13:19:23 CDT

Hi.

I am trying to use vmd 1.7.2 for windows to connect to NAMD running on
linux machine(s). I'm using an ssh tunnel, but I doubt that makes any
difference.

Then I run namd by itself, or run locally on multiple processors with:
charmrun +p2 ++local <etc> the connection is established and
everything is cool.

When I run namd on multiple linux workstations, each running charmd,
using something like: charmrun ++nodelist list +p8 <etc>, the
simulation starts up fine and politely waits for an imd connection, as
I hagve instructed it. However, when I try to connect, VMD complains
that it cannot determine the relative endianness of the remote
machine.

Does anybody have any idea what the problem is, and how I might fix
it? All the machines I'm using are little endian, so if there were
just some way to turn off teh check, that would be fine.

Thanks!

  -Will Sheffler
$console> cd /pub
$console> more beer