From: Brendan O'Malley (brendan.omalley_at_rmit.edu.au)
Date: Mon Jun 17 2002 - 04:15:07 CDT

Hi,

Has anyone used tracking devices with VMD using VRPN on an SGI? I've just installed VRPN on a SGI Onyx and checked that its working OK with an Intersense IS900 (head trackers +wand). But I'm not too sure how VMD actaully works with a tracking device e.g. whether any of the wand buttons or even the wand are used by VMD. Has anyone used one this tracker system with VMD? I also have a Polhemus fastrak and Fakespace pinchgloves so if anyone has had success with these I'd love to hear about the nitty-gritty.
Thanks.

Best Regards

Dr. Brendan O'Malley
Applied Chemistry Dept