From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Fri Apr 12 2002 - 09:28:46 CDT

Todd,
  I think I know exactly why you're having problems with the
surface code. Do you have the other reps displaying though?
Some changes will have to be made to fix the Surf, MSMS, Isosurface,
and VolumeSlice representations to assure that they work correctly
in the CAVE. I've been swamped this week, I'll go back and look at the
lines in the old version of OpenGLRenderer code to see what those changes
you wrote about in your last email affected. If you have diffs
against the 1.7.1 code, please send them to me and I'll see if I can
incorporate the fixes into the 1.8 source code. The VMD 1.8 OpenGL
renderer has been changed a bit already, but I don't think that anything
that would affect the CAVE has been changed, so we should be running with
just a little more work.

Thanks,