From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Tue Apr 09 2002 - 09:57:55 CDT

Hi,
  We have seen similar problems with the recent NVidia drivers.
The problems seem to be completely independent of the versions
VMD itself as best I can tell.

NVidia has a "Linux driver discussion forum" where one can post notes
about this sort of problem, we've started doing this, in order to get them
to fix the problems with their drivers, I'd strongly recommend that
you describe your problems to them on their board here:
  http://www.nvnews.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=57

In particular, mention that you see the resize problem with multiple
OpenGL applications. I'd recommend giving them a list of the applications
you tried that had problems. I'm planning on describing problems we've
seen here that are similar to the ones you describe, as well as a few
others we've run across.

My only suggestion at this time, beyond posting to the NVidia discussion
forum is to try changing the AGP settings in your XFree86 config files..
This helped me cure the problem on my GeForce 3 at home. It didn't help
one of the newer GeForce 3 Ti boards here at work, but just a suggestion.

I've heard from others that this problem (and others) occurs on
the new GeForce 4 cards as well.

  John