From: Marc Baaden (baaden_at_smplinux.de)
Date: Wed Apr 03 2002 - 03:43:28 CST

Hi,

following from the last mail on this list I also wanted to ask
a question which nags me for some time.

In some cases it is useful to show orthographic views of your system
(ie one view + view rotated by 90deg around any of the axes).

I usually use Raster3D to render my images, but I noticed that there is
a slight difference in size.

Eg if you put the 2 views side-by-side or one over the other, it's not
exactly the same size, which it should be.

I guess this is due to perspective distortion (even though I chose ortho-
graphic from the Display menu).

Is there a way arount this ?

If I got the last eMail right what should work is
- using tachyon
- using snapshots
?- using povray export ? (I don't like this 'cause it comes out too dark on
                           my system)

Also is there a way of including a scale/ruler eg as in Ribbons
(I know about the grid, but that's a bit too much just to indicate
a scale).

And also I was confused, if you want to make sure that different
molecules get the same scaling, which are the values you have to set
and how ?

Thanks in advance,
  Marc Baaden

--
 Dr. Marc Baaden - Laboratory of Molecular Biophysics, Oxford University
 mailto:baaden_at_smplinux.de  - ICQ# 11466242 -  http://www.marc-baaden.de