From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Fri Feb 01 2002 - 16:23:25 CST

Dear Troy,
  In order to use the Eye3D glasses, you need to set the stereo
mode in VMD to "scanline interleaved" and you'll have to check
to see that you're not getting a warning/error message in the VMD
console about not having a stencil buffer. If you get the error
message about not having a stencil buffer, then you'll want to
change your NVidia board's video mode to a different color depth,
I believe its either 24-bit or 32-bit color that cures the missing
stencil buffer problem. If you have trouble doing this, or your
symptoms are different, let me know and I'll help you fix it.

Once you've got VMD set to the scanline interleaved mode, then you'll
click the mode select button on the Eye3D decoder box until you get to
they provide which they call "line blanking". If I recall correctly
this is the third mode of the box.

Let me know how far you get and whether you need any more help
getting it going.

Thanks for using VMD!