From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Fri Feb 01 2002 - 11:02:17 CST

Dear Keith,
  You can change the default location and size of the VMD
window by editing the VMD startup script that was installed
in /usr/local/bin/vmd (or other location of your choosing)
The lines you want to change are:
   setenv VMDSCRPOS "596 190"
   setenv VMDSCRSIZE "669 834"

If you set the VMDSCRPOS variable to "0 0" it will auto position itself.

Let us know if you have more questions.

Thanks,