From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Sun Jul 22 2001 - 23:58:19 CDT

Dear Craig,
  Your best bet at this time would be to see if the dialbox
works with VRPN (Virtual Reality Peripheral Network) which is
supported in most of the VMD binaries that we release. If you can
configure the dialbox for use with VRPN, then you can make VMD use
the dials as axes controls for rotation and translation etc.
We don't have any dialbox-specific code implemented at this time,
but you might still find that mode of use worthwhile.
You can get VRPN from:
  http://www.cs.unc.edu/Research/vrpn

Let us know if you have questions about getting VMD to talk to your
VRPN server if it works with the dialbox.

Thanks for using VMD!