From: Jeff Taylor (jstaylor_at_duke.edu)
Date: Mon Jun 04 2001 - 15:04:53 CDT

Hi-

I'm trying to use a script to automatically render a bunch of PDB file
for an animation. I want the pictures in the orthographic mode, but I
can't figure out how to change the projection mode from perspective
(except interactively by using the mouse).

Also, I'd like to skip the graphics window, but when I start vmd with
"vmd -disp text" I get the following error and then it dies.

Info) Multithreading available, 2 CPUs detected.
_X11TransSocketINETConnect: Can't get address for text

ERROR) Cannot open display. Exiting ...
Info) vmd for LINUX, version 1.6.1 (April 22, 2001)
Info) Exiting due to X-Windows window creation failure.

This is VMD 1.6.1 for Linux (and I also tested it on the SGI with the
same result).

Thanks!

- Jeff Taylor