From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Thu May 03 2001 - 11:16:05 CDT

Dear VMD-L,
  It has come to our attention that the 'vmd' startup script
included in the IRIX6_64 distribution of VMD 1.6.1 had an error
in it, which prevented it from starting VMD correctly. I had apparently
neglected to test the real startup script for that combination of VMD
options, and since the 64-bit IRIX6 startup case was slightly different
from the others, it didn't work correctly.

We have fixed the problem and replaced the distribution tar.gz
file with a new one on the web site. Please feel free to download
this fixed distribution archive if you had previously downloaded
the IRIX6_64 distribution and encountered trouble.

Sorry for the inconvenience,