From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Fri Mar 09 2001 - 00:25:26 CST

Dear Timm, and VMD-L,
  I believe we have just found and fixed a bug which may have
been causing the crash behavior you describe, there was a bug
in the coloring code which left an array element uninitialized
that could be doing this. We've also seen the GeForce and XFree
server have interactions and do bad things, but this particular
problem you describe could also be the bug we just fixed, so it
may go away in the next pre-release of VMD 1.6.1...
We hope to release another pre-release very shortly to get some
new features out into users' hands, as well as these bug fixes.
The bug fixes just occurred late last night, so it wasn't
fixed in the version we released last week. I'll try to
get another version out the door in a few days, I'd like to knock
a couple of other items off our bug database if I can though.

Thanks,