From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Fri Dec 08 2000 - 12:40:43 CST

Hi,
  You can either load the file with a VMD text command, or with the molecule
form. To load with a text command:
    mol load pdb filename.ent

Alternately, on the Unix versions of VMD, you can get the PDB file
over the network using the PDB accession code and a built-in VMD command:
    mol pdbload code (where code is the pdb accession code, such as 1tit)

To load with the molecule form, click the molecule button on the
main VMD form, then click the "load from files" button, select
"pdb only" in the load from files form, then either type in the
filename or click "select pdb". If you use the file browser,
you will want to click the "* All files" button, so that you can
select filenames that don't end in .pdb, then you should be able
to select your .ent files.

Thanks for using VMD,