From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Fri Sep 22 2000 - 16:34:17 CDT

Eric,
  To not show the residue itself, just change your selection to:
not (resname GLU and resid 200) and same residue as (within 2 of (resname GLU and resid 200))

If you use the "Save config" option from the mouse menu, you should be
able to save your VMD setup, so that you can reload it by using
"play myscript.vmd" at a later time. Is that what you're asking?

Let us know if you have other questions,