From: Justin Gullingsrud (justin_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Fri Jun 23 2000 - 12:18:47 CDT

Hi,

Most ray tracing programs (at least, those that implement transparency
correctly) should be able to blend the colors for you. Try exporting
your scene to PovRay or some such ray tracer and see how it works for
you. Be sure to first set the representations to transparent (or set
the opacity setting to < 1 if you are using a 1.5 version of VMD)
before exporting.

Hope this helps,

Justin

> Hi,
>
> Yet another semi-related question, but this is driving me nuts, so here
> goes...
>
> I would like to generate a ribbons digram of two molecules superimposed,
> each having their own colour. However, I would like a third colour (or
> transparent material) where they intersect.
>
> I can only get the front-most colour to show, and I can't find a program
> which can pick-out overlapping regions.
>
> Thanks for suggestions.
>
> ags

> Paul Hubbard
> Department of Biochemistry
> Medical College of Wisconsin
> 8701 Watertown Plank Rd.
> Milwaukee
> Wisconsin. 53226
>
> Tel: 414-456-4305
> Fax: 414-456-6510
> WWW: http://141.106.40.30

Justin Gullingsrud         3111 Beckman Institute
H: (217) 384-4220
W: (217) 244-8946          The time of purification is at hand...