From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Wed May 24 2000 - 09:54:10 CDT

Hi Kim,
  We've never tried VMD with an I-desk, so I'm not familiar
with the way they are usually configured. I know vaguely how
they are setup, but not what the difference in the coordinate
system in the CAVE is. Here is the .vmdsensors file that I
use in the NCSA CAVE:

# Configuration for the CAVE
device cavetracker cavetracker://local/cave
scale 1.0
offset 0.9 -4.0 -1.0
device cavebuttons cavebuttons://local/cave:0,1,2,3

Also, you asked about the relationship between the CAVE and Fastrak
trackers: There isn't any, they are totally unrelated. In fact, if
you're not using VRPN to talk to a Fastrak tracker, you will probably
want to delete those lines from your .vmdsensors file.

Tell me if our CAVE .vmdsensors lines work for you or not, I'm
curious how different the I-desk is from the cave.

By the way, which binary version of VMD are you running?

Thanks,

--
Theoretical Biophysics Group   Email: johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu
Beckman Institute              http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/~johns/