From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Tue Apr 18 2000 - 18:49:25 CDT

Hi,
  We fixed a bug in VMD which caused the problem that you are
experiencing. If you try VMD 1.5a2 the VMD side of the code has
the fix in place. I don't remember off of the top of my head if
the NAMD side required any change or not, but try VMD 1.5a2 first,
and see if that fixes the problem. I'm out of the office until
Friday, so I can't really give you much more detail on this until
I return, but in the mean time 1.5a2 is your best bet.

Let us know if you still have the problem with 1.5a2, and the
same rev of NAMD...

Thanks,

--
Theoretical Biophysics Group   Email: johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu
Beckman Institute              http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/~johns/