From: Peter Tieleman (tieleman_at_bioch.ox.ac.uk)
Date: Sat Mar 25 2000 - 18:43:50 CST

That isn't straightforward, with or without VMD. Liposomes are rather big
for atomistic models, and people generally use small rectangular patches
with a few hundred lipids as bilayer model. Sources for lipid bilayer
structures that I am aware of (I'd be interested in hearing about
others) from the literature include Scot Feller's website, my website
and a POPC bilayer from Klaus Schulten's group.

Peter

--
Dr. D.P. Tieleman       | Lab of Molecular Biophysics
EMBO fellow             | South Parks Road