From: Bogdan Costescu (Bogdan.Costescu_at_IWR.Uni-Heidelberg.De)
Date: Wed Mar 08 2000 - 14:43:38 CST

Dear VMD Developers,

After almost a month without getting any answer, I took some ours to look
at the code and see why Crystal Eyes Stereo is no longer working on our
O2s.

The answer is that in OpenGLDisplayDevice.C, glXChooseVisual or FORMS
equivalent fl_glwincreate with configuration3[] returns NULL... But if I
define it as:

static int configuration3[] =
   {GLX_DOUBLEBUFFER, GLX_RGBA, GLX_DEPTH_SIZE, 16, GLX_STEREO,
    GLX_RED_SIZE, 4, GLX_GREEN_SIZE, 4, GLX_BLUE_SIZE, 4, None};

meaning that I reduce the size of GLX_RED_SIZE (and others) from 8 to 4,
everything works correctly.

VMD 1.3 had no size related attributes, so it worked correctly. Now the
question is: is this size of 8 really necessary? The multisampling
configurations are for both 4 and 8, why is the normal configuration only
for 8?

I would appreciate an answer...

Best regards,

Bogdan Costescu

Telephone: +49 6221 54 8869, Telefax: +49 6221 54 8868
E-mail: Bogdan.Costescu_at_IWR.Uni-Heidelberg.De