Main Page Namespace List Class Hierarchy Alphabetical List Compound List File List Namespace Members Compound Members File Members Related Pages
VMD Development Tools
VMD, a highly complex program, incorporates various graphics, interface, and scripting software components. Supporting VMD on multiple platforms and assuring the quality of the software, requires the use a variety of software tools and equipment in development and testing. This page lists the tools we use in-house to develop and test VMD.
Locally maintained graphics test systems
A range of locally maintained systems are used in the day-to-day VMD development and testing process. This list encompasses the hardware configurations we routinely use with VMD to ensure quality and portability.
- Apple G4, Dual 1Ghz PowerPC, with ATI Radeon 9700 graphics, running MacOS 10.4.9
- Eye3D stereo LCD shutter glasses
- Sun Ultra 24, with NVIDIA GeForce 7900 graphics, running Windows XP
- Stereographics CrystalEyes stereo LCD shutter glasses
- Sun V880z dual XVR-4000 graphics, running Solaris 10
- Sun Ultra 24 with NVidia GeForce GTX 280 graphics, running Redhat Enterprise Linux 4 update 6
Donated graphics equipment used for development and testing
Vendors have occasionally provided the VMD development team equipment equipment donations to aid us in our efforts to add support for unique hardware features and for performance tuning.
pg_devtools.dox,v 1.7 2009/08/06 15:56:43 johns Exp
Generated on Fri May 29 02:38:56 2020 for VMD (current) by
1.2.14 written by Dimitri van Heesch,