Re: Zydeco Dance Workshops

From: beaverson sheena k (sbeavers@staff.uiuc.edu)
Date: Mon Jan 26 2004 - 15:18:43 CST

    A little more information...

    Cajun/zydeco bands generally play a mix of cajun 2-step and waltz, with
    some bands crossing over into blues a little (providing some swing
    opportunities). The previous email referred to this version of 2-step as
    'zydeco' dance.

    Buckwheat zydeco mixes a LOT of blues and a lot of 'other-song' covers in
    his show when the band plays college towns (at least that's been the
    trend in the past here in C-U).

    The Noisy Gators list upcoming gigs on their web site.
    http://www.angelfire.com/music2/construct/page1D.html
    They anticipate having less performances for the next few months,
    as their hot fiddle player is studying abroad for a semester.

    - Sheena