Zydeco Dance Workshops (fwd)

From: Jim Phillips (jim@KS.UIUC.EDU)
Date: Sun Jan 25 2004 - 17:10:47 CST

    ---------- Forwarded message ----------
    Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2004 13:09:20 EDT
    From: jencart <jencart@mycidco.com>
    Subject: Fwd:Zydeco Dance Workshops

    Calling All Dancers!

    Buckwheat Zydeco is performing @ Highdive on Saturday, February 7th -- hot zydeco dance band, great place to dance. We also are fortunate to have The Noisy Gators, a local band w/ an enthusiastic following, playing cajun, old time -- and even some zydeco -- several times monthly in C-U....

    Soooooooo, maybe it's time for folks to learn some zydeco dancing! I hope some of you agree.....

    Zydeco is a non-traveling couple dance w/ a basic 8-count pattern expressed in both closed and open positions. WARNING -- this dance is ADDICTIVE!

    All that being said, I'm going to teach basic zydeco dance steps/moves @ my house, and everyone's welcome to attend, no partner or experience necessary, NO CHARGE -- and no RSVPs, tho' e-questions are welcome.

    I've attempted to schedule around known gigs, folkdancing, AWARE mtgs, Lava, and the Super Bowl.......So, please attend as many sessions as possible, so that what you learn kinda gets into yr motor memory. Bring whatever you want to drink, or don't....

    After the Sat workshop, we'll order pizza and then head over to Highdive to dance zydeco to Buckwheat!!!!!

    3 ZYDECO DANCE WORKSHOPS @ Jenifer's house, 503 Hessel Blvd, C.

    Sunday, Feb 1st 315 to 445
    Tuesday, Feb 3rd 615 to 745
    Saturday, Feb 7th TBA, but approx 7 to 830, then pizza here, then over to Highdive.... Et toi!!!

    Jenifer C.