Re: Distance restraints

From: Giacomo Fiorin (giacomo.fiorin_at_gmail.com)
Date: Fri Oct 04 2019 - 07:01:46 CDT

Hello Paula, extraBonds is the way to go for fixed distance restraints
on *individual
atoms*
http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/namd/2.13/ug/node27.html#SECTION00086400000000000000

If you want to apply restraints to *groups of atoms*, then you'll need
Colvars, using a distance variable and a harmonic restraint:
https://colvars.github.io/colvars-refman-namd/colvars-refman-namd.html#sec:colvar
https://colvars.github.io/colvars-refman-namd/colvars-refman-namd.html#sec:cvc_distance
https://colvars.github.io/colvars-refman-namd/colvars-refman-namd.html#sec:colvarbias_harmonic

Giacomo

--
Giacomo Fiorin
Research collaborator, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD