Next Tango Lesson in Bloomington

From: Ron Weigel (weigel@UIUC.EDU)
Date: Tue Nov 30 1999 - 10:11:34 CST

Dear Tangueros y Tangueras,

There will be a tango lesson in Bloomington this Saturday December 4 from 10
AM - Noon. The lesson will be given by Tom Ronquillo, who is an excellent
experienced tango dancer and teacher. The lesson will be at the beginner
level. Part of the lesson will be an introduction to 'milonga', a slightly
faster paced variant of tango. This is an excellent opportunity for
beginners to learn new steps and forgetful intermediates to refresh their
memories. The cost of the lesson is $10 for singles and $15 for couples.

The location is the Wrainbow Ballroom, 101 E. Mulberry Street. To get there
from C-U, take I-74 west to Bloomington. Take the first Bloomington exit
(Rt. 51 North). In a few minutes the road will divide and become a one-way
street. A few minutes later there will be an overpass. The streets right
before Mulberry will be Jefferson, Monroe, and Market. Stay in the leftmost
lane. About 100 ft before a Chinese restaurant (with a large sign- I think
it's 'Grand Cafe') on the right, you will need to turn left into a parking
lot (at the end of the
block of buildings). The Wrainbow Ballroom is right off this parking lot, on
the 2nd floor of one of the buildings.

Don't miss an opportunity to tango!

Leonardo (el Leon del Tango)