Re: all-atom to coarse-grained system

From: Vermaas, Joshua (Joshua.Vermaas_at_nrel.gov)
Date: Fri Feb 02 2018 - 15:55:35 CST

Why would a coarse grained system give more accurate PMF results? From what I've seen, Martini never makes the claim to be as good as atomic systems at describing energetics. It just claims to be good enough and useful for reaching timescales you couldn't get with an atomic system. If you want convenient methods of converting to a martini-type system, have you looked at martinize (http://cgmartini.nl/index.php/tools2/proteins-and-bilayers)?

-Josh