Re: all-atom to coarse-grained system

From: Rabeta Yeasmin (rabetayeasmin_at_gmail.com)
Date: Fri Feb 02 2018 - 15:43:57 CST

Dear Kwan,

Actually, I am looking for a convenient method to convert the whole system
and also give a better result for PMF calculation. I have reviewed the
residue-based coarse graining method. According to their tutorial, they had
first converted the protein-lipid system to coarse grain system and later
add ion and solvent. But my system has already water and ions in it, so I
am wondering if it is possible to convert the whole system to coarse-grain.
And another thing that in their lipid mapping file (martini-lipid.cgc),
they do not have POPS type lipid. But my system contains that kind of
lipid. I am not sure how to deal with that and also if I can use the same
file as in their tutorial files to correct for protein segments.

Thank you so much.

Rabeta Yeasmin