Next Dance / Next Semester

From: Ron Weigel (RonWeigel@AOL.COM)
Date: Fri Nov 30 2001 - 09:45:19 CST

    Dear Ballroom Dancers,

    The semester is drawing to a close and you may be wondering what is next in
    your dance curriculum. We highly recommend Argentine tango. We were dancing
    ballroom dances about 4 yrs when, about 3.5 yrs ago, we started Argentine
    tango, and we absolutely love it. There is an unparalleled creativity in the
    dance and passionate power in the music.

    The local tango community is growing rapidly. Since the summer we have been
    averaging over 50 people at our milongas (social dances) and we are still
    growing. There is a lot of excitement within the tango community.

    So, you ask, how can I learn this wonderful dance?

    We are offering an introductory Argentine tango lesson before our milonga
    this Saturday Dec 1 at 7:30 PM at the Phillips Recreation Center (Springfield
    & McCullough, Urbana). The cost is $5 and includes admission to the social
    dance afterwards (9-12 PM). So come and join us for a taste of the delicious
    tango.

    Then (and even if you can't make it to the introductory lesson), join us for
    our introductory tango class "Fundamentals of Argentine Tango', starting Wed
    Jan 23 (8:30-9:45 PM) at the Phillips Recreation Center. The class runs 8 wks
    and costs $32. (Thus, it is affordably priced for student budgets and does
    not conflict with Dancing Illini classes).

    We hope to be dancing tango with you soon.

    Ron Weigel
    Susana Vazquez Weigel