Uncertainty on the rescheduling of Latin Grammys this year

From: charles joseph smith (cjsmith2@students.uiuc.edu)
Date: Mon Sep 17 2001 - 17:15:25 CDT

    I had suggested that you watch the Latin Grammy Awards on CBS on Tuesday
    September 11. The reason is that you will hear some new Latin hits, especially
    some cha-chas, rumbas, and perhaps, some sambas, that will perhaps be the
    new songs that the ballroom DJs will play in the social dance and
    dancesport environments, especially in the International Latin dances.

    Unfortunately this would fall on the night of the Dancing Illini
    classes in Latin Technique/Samba/Jive, so I didn't want to tell it to the
    Dancing Illini; I only wanted to tell it to my other friends.

    I wanted to watch the Grammys too. Fortunately the awards were postponed
    because of the impromptu attacks on New York and Washington. Yet even so,
    I was so distraught about the attacks that I wanted to stay home and not
    go to Dancing Illini practice. I feel better now, but memories of the
    attacks (especially when I saw the second place crash into the north tower
    of the World Trade Center) will be with me forever.

    It seems like this year's Latin Grammy Awards won't be rescheduled this
    year and will be cancelled. I hope that it is not so. I adore Latin music
    so much because of its constant stream of danceable hits.