Sat Sept 22: Special Milonga with Guerilla Parlour Ensemble

From: TangoLeon@AOL.COM
Date: Mon Sep 17 2001 - 21:40:31 CDT

    The next milonga at the Phillips Recreation Center will be a special one. We
    will have live music by the Guerilla Parlour Ensemble - Champaign-Urbana's
    own tango quintet. If you haven't been to a milonga before, this is the time
    to come. If you haven't been in a while, now is the time to come back. This
    will definitely be an exciting evening. There will be a lot of people there.

    The milonga will be this coming Saturday Sept 22 from 9 - 12 PM. Admission is
    $5.

    Once again, we will have pre-milonga lessons at 2 levels:
    - Argentine tango for newcomers: taught by Ron & Susana Weigel
    - Intermediate level: Rhythm & Navigation: taught by Joe Grohens & Carlota

    The lessons are included in the price of admission.

    By the way, for those on the sidelines receiving tango mail but not currently
    active in our tango community, you don't know what you're missing. Our
    community is growing rapidly and very active. We have regular (weekly)
    classes at both the beginner and intermediate level. Several times a year we
    host visiting instructors who teach at the advanced level. There are 2
    practice sessions per week. We have monthly milongas (social dances). Several
    times a year we have performances. Join us. Take the newcomer lesson this
    Saturday. You won't regret it.

    See you Saturday (and thereafter).

    Leonardo