Protein:ligand standard binding free energies clarification question

From: Ethan Croitoru (ecroitoru1_at_gmail.com)
Date: Tue Oct 20 2020 - 21:14:53 CDT

Hello,

I am following the tutorial mentioned above (
http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Training/Tutorials/namd/PLB/tutorial-protein-ligand.pdf)
using the geometrical route. I am asking if the last term from equation 7,
related to the unbound state conformation, is also reduced to equation 13
(i.e. am I supposed to be using equation 13 to do the computation). My
unsureness stems from the fact that the other terms from equation 7 that
get reduced to equation 13 have a different form than the last term, mostly
the dirac delta function.

Thank you,

Ethan Croitoru