Re: Regarding "lossiness" of namd on GPUs

From: Josh Vermaas (joshua.vermaas_at_gmail.com)
Date: Mon Oct 05 2020 - 16:26:29 CDT

Hi Bassam,
What I think the admins are asking about is if they need ECC memory, which
would require more expensive GPUs. NAMD will run just fine on non-ECC RAM,
and indeed that is usually the most cost effective. If the GPU memory is
faulty, you'd get frequent atoms moving too fast errors, but that just
tells you to replace the GPUs.
Josh