Re:Re: QwikMD--ERROR) Unable to ascertain relative endianness of remote machine

From: 辛志宏 (xzhfood_at_njau.edu.cn)
Date: Fri Oct 02 2020 - 20:47:05 CDT

I am using the following CPU:
model name : Intel(R) Xeon(R) Platinum 8173M CPU @ 2.00GHz

Qwikmd is specific for x86 CPU?

Zhihong Xin

发件人:Victor Kwan <vkwan8_at_uwo.ca>
发送日期:2020-10-03 08:23:36
收件人:NAMD Listserve <namd-l_at_ks.uiuc.edu>,"辛志宏" <xzhfood_at_njau.edu.cn>
主题:Re: namd-l: QwikMD--ERROR) Unable to ascertain relative endianness of remote machine
Hi,

Are you by chance using a non-x86 CPU, like POWER8 or SPARC?

On Fri, Oct 2, 2020 at 4:19 AM 辛志宏 <xzhfood_at_njau.edu.cn> wrote:

Dear all,
I run a MM simulation successfully by QWikmd, but I can not initiate an QM minization simulation when I setup the parameters and generate all the files (setup and run fold), there is an error:

ERROR) Unable to ascertain relative endianness of remote machine.

I make a new qmBaseDir to see if the issue can be fixed, but the error is still there

#qmBaseDir "[pwd]/qmmm_exec/QMMM-Min"

qmBaseDir "/dev/shm/NAMD_yzz"

How to fix the issue? Any suggestion will be much appreciate.

Zhihong Xin