Re: toppar_water_ions.str NAMD format for last version of C36 (on July 2020)

From: zeynab hosseini (hosseinizeynab93_at_gmail.com)
Date: Wed Sep 02 2020 - 07:03:11 CDT

Hi Josh,

Thank you for the prompt reply. As I compared the 2020 version of the
mentioned .str file with the available NAMD format one (which is on 2016),
the new one contains some new updates on "Calcium and Potassium NBFixes"
which was added on 2019-8. It also include some other changes that I don't
know what they are exactly.

As you said I commented the commands that NAMD does not understand in the
new .str file and it is working now. Since I don't know what those commands
do, I'm a little bit concerned about commenting them. Do you know if this
removal would affect the physical outcome of the MD simulation?

All the Best,
Zeynab