how to disable the periodic condition tracking two atom distance

From: Jiali Wang (jwang204_at_binghamton.edu)
Date: Wed Jun 10 2020 - 12:54:51 CDT

Dear NAMD users,
Good afternoon, I am using harmonic force to push two atom together, with
set a colvars to tracking the distance from around 50A to 0A. However, even
I set "forceNoPBC on", but the moving atom still jump from center
simulation box to other periodic environments, detail setting as following,
is there something wrong in my file?
I want to track the distance and save into frames to run the potential mean
force calculations.
best,
Jiali

colvarsTrajFrequency 500
colvar {
  name length
  outputAppliedForce off

  distance {
  forceNoPBC on
    group1 {
      atomNumbers 18937
    }
    group2 {
      atomNumbers 91692
    }
  }
}
harmonic {
  name lenpot
  colvars length
  forceConstant 20 # in kcal/mol/A^2
  forceNoPBC yes

  centers 56 # go from 25 Angstrom RMSD...
  targetCenters 0 # ... to 1 Angstrom
  targetNumStages 20 # n-1 steps of calculation
  targetNumSteps 20000 #[expr total ${numsteps} / 10
targetnumberstages]
  outputCenters on