Re:

From: Abhijit Gogoi (gogoiabhijit10_at_gmail.com)
Date: Wed Feb 19 2020 - 02:25:32 CST

One of the reasons may be "not minimizing the system long enough". You can
check the convergence of the total energy (or volume) in NAMDPlot.

 Another reason may be "not properly specifying the periodic boundary". You
can check the dimensions of the simulation box in VMD and accordingly
specify the periodic boundary.

If you are heating the system (or if there are some implicit internal
forcing is required within the simulation box) then it is good to use a
lower value of time step at least during the equilibration run.

Best wishes
Abhijit