Re: Amber14 in NAMD 2.13

From: Brian Radak (brian.radak_at_gmail.com)
Date: Sat Jan 25 2020 - 10:00:20 CST

I can't specifically speak to such old versions of NAMD, but a useful AMBER
resource on the matter can be found at
http://ambermd.org/namd/namd_amber.html

The most important differences are the 1-4scaling, cutoff (AMBER defaults
to 8), switching (AMBER uses none), and LJcorrection (AMBER defaults to
on).

AMBER also uses a smaller default SHAKE tolerance and has a different way
of determining Ewald coefficients.

Lastly, the Coulomb coefficient is different between the two codes, but
this may be accounted for in the RTF file I suppose?

HTH,
BKR