Re: harmonic-restraints/colvars

From: Francesco Pietra (chiendarret_at_gmail.com)
Date: Tue Jan 14 2020 - 09:42:43 CST

Hi Jerome
Thanks, in particular for illustrating the drawbacks of restraints/colvars
side by side.

Along the various attempts, I also used a homogeneous set of harmonic
restraints, playing on the values at column B for different atoms. However,
in any case, by decreasing the constraintScaling below 10, the coordination
between the small organic molecule at its nucleoside ligands at the binding
pocked was rapidly deteriorated with respect to the X-ray diffraction data.
I mean that hydrogen bonds (already weak from Xray diffraction patterns)
and pi-stackings were completely broken.

Probably getting a MD stable such system in TIP3 without substantial
constraints is very difficult to attain, if at all. Now, I can not think
better than trying with distance colvars at the binding pocket added to the
harmonic restraints (colum B).

francesco