Re: Protein:ligand standard binding free energies

From: Joao Ribeiro (jribeiro_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Wed Dec 11 2019 - 11:37:58 CST

Dear Mohammad,

Did you read the box with a skull on page 4 saying: “This tutorial contains advanced material. Do not attempt to tackle the problems therein if you have no preliminary experience with free-energy calculations. The neophyte reader eager to get acquainted with the computation of protein:ligand standard binding affinities is advised to complete first the introductory tutorials on alchemical, free-energy perturbation calculations and adaptive-biasing-force calculations.”

If you are not comfortable with NAMD simulations, how to prepare the structure, the configuration files, and supporting files, please take a look at the NAMD tutorial: https://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Training/Tutorials/#namd. If you are familiar, there are other tutorials that you should go through- https://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Training/Tutorials/#fep to be adequately trained in this type of methodology. Bear in mind that free-energy simulations are not as simple as many try to paint it.

Also, we have the lectures of our workshops stored on our youtube channel that you can watch - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hCaeFF05Jc&list=PL8XC6Vx8S1GDuJtKeIe8muGmQURVQnl_m.

I hope this can help you.

Best,

João