Re: readmol2 warning: non-unique atoms were renamed.

From: Joao Ribeiro (jribeiro_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Mon Jul 01 2019 - 09:12:22 CDT

Dear Adupa,

The problem is not the atoms’ type, but the atoms’ name. Atom’s type doesn’t need to be unique in the sense that atom’s sharing the same characteristics, ought to share the same atom type. On the other hand, the atom’s name must be unique as two atoms cannot share the same name. In your case, the atoms were named with their element, which forced them to have the same name.

If you check you topology file returned by CGenFF, you will see that the atoms name are different, and the PDB file needs to match these names.

Best

João