Re: When using WHAM TO ANALYSIS

From: Giacomo Fiorin (giacomo.fiorin_at_gmail.com)
Date: Thu Jun 27 2019 - 15:01:47 CDT

Hello Jiali, if you used a "width" of 1 (default) the force constant to be
used in WHAM is the same used for Colvars harmonic restraints. You just
need to check that the harmonic potential is defined the same way in the
WHAM implementation that you are using:
https://colvars.github.io/colvars-refman-namd/colvars-refman-namd.html#sec:colvarbias_harmonic

If the results are not what you expect, this may be a sampling problem,
rather than a protocol error. Try computing and comparing PMFs on tiny
systems such as this one:
https://github.com/Colvars/examples/tree/master/tma-aco

Giacomo

--
Giacomo Fiorin
Research collaborator, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD