Re: PME with Implicit solvent - Reg

From: Jeff Comer (jeffcomer_at_gmail.com)
Date: Mon May 20 2019 - 17:03:04 CDT

Dear Manikandan,

The generalized Born implicit solvent represents ions in the solution
implicitly. As far as I know, it's not designed to be used with
explicit ions. I think an explicit solvent representation is best for
what you are doing. To do what you are suggesting would probably
require development of a new method, implementation and validation.

Regards,
Jeff

Jeffrey Comer, PhD
Assistant Professor
Institute of Computational Comparative Medicine
Nanotechnology Innovation Center of Kansas State
Kansas State University
Office: P-213 Mosier Hall
Phone: 785-532-6311
Website: http://jeffcomer.us