Re: Need help with psfgen : psfgen can't read file.pdb

From: Brian Radak (brian.radak_at_gmail.com)
Date: Tue May 07 2019 - 08:16:01 CDT

I am not a topotools expert (in fact, not even a user), but I know psfgen
pretty well -- what is this section of the script intended to accomplish?
It doesn't do anything useful that I'm aware of.

package require psfgen
resetpsf
topology top_all27_prot_lipid.rtf
readpsf zgnr_f2.psf
coordpdb zgnr_f2.pdb
writepsf zgnr_f3.psf
writepdb zgnr_f3.pdb

Note that coordpdb is meant to read in coordinates for a *segment* and has
a segment argument that is that segment name (or defaults to the last new
segment, which is null here). I think what you want is instead:

readpsf zgnr_f2.psf pdb zgnr_f2.pdb

but again, I'm not sure why you would want/need to do this.

HTH,
BKR