Re: Re: Solvate with methanol and acetone using free energy methods in NAMD?

From: Brian Radak (brian.radak_at_gmail.com)
Date: Mon Mar 25 2019 - 11:44:08 CDT

Most or all of the free energy functionality in AMBER is somewhat different
than in NAMD.

For geometrical transformations most users use Colvars - there are a number
of tutorials on this.

For alchemical transformations there are also tutorials. Unfortunately,
NAMD only supports XPLOR format inputs for these kinds of calculations,
though there are now tools (such as ParmEd) for converting between formats
that may help.

HTH,
BKR