Re: TIP4P water box

From: Peter Freddolino (petefred_at_umich.edu)
Date: Tue Feb 19 2019 - 21:03:02 CST

This has been discussed many times on the namd mailing list. See, for
example,
http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/namd/mailing_list/namd-l.2010-2011/2303.html
for some pre-equilibrated TIP4 boxes, which can be used with solvate (as a
nonstandard solvent). You could also just change the residue names on your
TIP3 water and rerun psfgen, using the topology files in the tarball linked
at the old post noted above. But one way or another, you need to actually
have complete TIP4 waters (including lone pair particles); it is not
sufficient to just set the water model to tip4.
Best,
Peter