AW: Simulation runs only in background

From: Daniel Möller (daniel.moeller3_at_uni-greifswald.de)
Date: Wed Jun 01 2016 - 04:44:55 CDT

Hi,

„namd2 ubq_ws_eq.conf“ -> is your namd with its input file

„> ubq_ws_eq.log “ -> is a bash function to put the normal output of the previous function to the following file (ubq_ws_eq.log)

(“>” - as a new file, and override the old file with same name; “>>” - means extend this file (or make new if not present))

„&“ -> puts this command into background - the following given number is the process id (pid)

If you want the error output from the second output channel in file too you need to put „2> ubq_ws_eq.e “ after your log-file (ubq_ws_eq.log) and your get an error file (ubq_ws_eq.e).

Hope this clears this up.

Sincerely

Daniel Möller