Re: Simulation runs only in background

From: Marlon Sidore (marlon.sidore_at_gmail.com)
Date: Wed Jun 01 2016 - 04:09:16 CDT

">" means you're redirecting what's normally on the terminal to your log
file. "&" means that the process will be in the background and the number
given is the process number.

If you want to have both a log file and a terminal output I guess you
should use tee, like this:
namd2 ubq_ws_eq.conf | tee ubq_ws_eq.log
Or if you want <all> output redirected, with the stderr, like this
(although you'd probably not want this):
namd2 ubq_ws_eq.conf 2>&1 | tee ubq_ws_eq.log

Marlon Sidore

PhD Student
Laboratoire d'Ingénierie des Systèmes Macromoléculaire (LISM)
CNRS - UMR7255
31, Chemin Joseph Aiguier
13402 cedex 20 Marseille
France