Re: Dihedral calculation with colvars

From: Kevin C Chan (cchan2242-c_at_my.cityu.edu.hk)
Date: Thu Mar 12 2015 - 01:20:46 CDT

Thanks for the reply. Sorry that I sent the previous email off-list.

No there is no minimisation.

I thought about the PBC and I did turn on Wrapall during both simulation. However I have unwrapped my trajectories in VMD and my protein did not have much translation so not crossing any boundaries. So you are saying that the colvar calculation is probably using non-wrapped coordinates so if it starts from wrapped coordinates (coor file), doesn’t it suppose to unwrap first and then calculate? Then what is actually the colvar.traj displaying, wrapped ones or unwrapped ones?

So I have to turn off wrapall every time I utilise colvar in a simulation starting from a coor (wrapped) file? Because it seems to restraining either the “wrapped” or “unwrapped”, I don’t know which, value to my desired value. Or it is just a problem of internal calculation of NAMD and everything indeed is correct?

Besides, for your information, actually both my simulation-1 and simulation-2 starts from coor files and both show different values in colvar.traj compared to VMD analysis of their dcd.

Again thanks in advance,
Kevin